This professional position entails all phases of professional and technical work related to development and execution of all types of parks and recreation facility projects. It involves, planning, designing, engineering, permitting, bidding and award, construction and observation of construction of multiple projects ongoing simultaneously at various sites, largely outdoors. There is a substantial degree of interaction with employees, partners, volunteers, service providers, contractors and the general public, in person, in writing and by telephone.
Requirements and Job Specifications
- Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university
- Area of Study (Major): Landscape Architecture or closely related such as Planning, Architecture or Civil Engineering
- Certification(s) Required: LA Licensed Landscape Architect (or eligible for reciprocity) or LA Licensed Architect or LA Licensed Civil Engineer; Preferred: Certified Professional in Recreation and Parks (CPRP) & Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI)
- License(s) Required: Valid LA driver's license
- Years Relevant Work Experience: 5 years professional experience